Danish Formula One driver Kevin Magnussen is leaving McLaren after being informed by email on his birthday that the team had no place for him.
Renault's world champion Fernando Alonso will race for McLaren in the 2007 season
Lewis Hamilton said he was 'really enjoying' driving his Ferrari after ending the second morning of Formula One's pre-season testing in Bahrain
But there were no bold statements on race day as he struggled to take a point and his team mate Charles Leclerc laboured to an eighth-place finish.
DS Penske's Jean-Eric Vergne won Formula E's first race in India
The racing scenes in Brad Pitt's new F1 movie are impressively authentic but the filmmakers have also made much of how the sport's past is woven into the plot -- with a hefty slice of Hollywood artistic licence.
Drivers returned to the pits, under a darkening sky, with engineers using torches in the garages before back-up generators came on and the session resumed about an hour later.
British mobile operator Vodafone will end its seven-year title sponsorship of Formula One team McLaren at the end of 2013, the team said on Thursday.
McLaren have no fears about losing Fernando Alonso to Mercedes after Formula One world champion Nico Rosberg's sudden retirement, the team's new executive director Zak Brown said.
Lando Norris put McLaren on pole position for the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday
'In Lando and Daniel we have a hugely talented and exciting driver line-up, and this announcement is a strong signal of commitment to the next chapter for McLaren from 2022 onwards.'
McLaren's sporting director Sam Michael has taken a refreshing approach to his Formula One team's pitstop problems by promising that the beers will be on him once the crew average three seconds a stop.
Lewis Hamilton smashed the Shanghai circuit lap record on his way to a stunning first sprint race pole for Ferrari in China on Friday.
Red Bull make changes to car after discussions with FIA
Rediff's Formula One fanatics in a chat after the Melbourne Grand Prix.
The Finn will race for McLaren next year in a straight swap with Spaniard Fernando Alonso, who has taken his place at Renault.
McLaren believe Formula One rivals Renault gained a "clear benefit and unfair advantage" from technical information taken to them by a former employee
McLaren driver Fernando Alonso will miss the Monaco Grand Prix in May in order to race in the Indianapolis 500, his team said on Wednesday.
The Spaniard will replace the Colombian at McLaren for the rest of the season.
Formula One world champion Jenson Button has agreed terms on a three-year deal with McLaren and could sign a contract within days, Britain's Guardian newspaper reported on Tuesday.
Formula One driver Jenson Button had reportedly signed a deal with McLaren for one more year, months ago, and the announcement is set to be made soon.
New York-born Ugo Ugochukwu won last year's European FIA OKJ European kart championship after taking a string of titles in the United States.
Spain's double Formula One world champion left McLaren in a mutual split after an acrimonious and controversial season with the Mercedes-powered team.
The final phase of qualifying was halted, with only Piastri and Haas' Nico Hulkenberg having set times, when Sainz slammed backwards into the barriers at the final corner as he prepared to start his flying lap.
'It is clear that McLaren's actions during the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix were entirely legitimate and no further action is necessary,' the FIA said on its web site.
The Briton, the most experienced driver on the starting grid and 35 years old next January, will partner Spaniard Fernando Alonso in a lineup of champions.
Force India have extended their partnership with McLaren until the end of next year and appointed Andrew Green as technical director, the Formula One team said on Friday.
McLaren can live with Bernie Ecclestone's plan to ensure the Formula One title goes to the driver who wins most races in a season, team boss Ron Dennis has said.
The Briton said McLaren are giving him the same chance of winning the title this season as team mate Fernando Alonso.
British teenager Oliver Rowland will have a Formula One test with McLaren after collecting a coveted Autosport award previously won by the likes of Jenson Button and David Coulthard.
Two members of the Haas Formula One team and one from McLaren were quarantined in Melbourne on Wednesday as a precaution amid coronavirus fears ahead of Sunday's season-opening Australian Grand Prix. McLaren said one team member had self-isolated in the team hotel as a precaution for showing 'coronavirus-like symptoms'.
The 30-year-old, who could clinch his third world title within a matter of weeks, told British reporters at the Russian Grand Prix that he would always owe an immense debt to his former McLaren boss Ron Dennis.
Red Bull's Max Verstappen equalled Ayrton Senna's record of eight pole positions in a row.
Dan Ticktum, who is also into his maiden Formula 2 season like Daruvala, won the race from pole position with another rookie, Christian Lundgaard, finishing second. Louis Deletraz was third.
Ferrari agreed on Friday to end legal action against McLaren over last year's spy scandal for the good of Formula One.
A meeting between McLaren bosses and an Italian prosecutor investigating Formula One's spying scandal will not take place on Monday as reported and no new date has been set, his office said on Friday.
McLaren's Lando Norris dominated the Singapore Grand Prix from start to finish on Sunday to take another chunk out of Max Verstappen's Formula One championship lead.